Sunday, 31 March 2013

New Pictures, New Beginnings

I have wanted to post in this blog for a long time and I have no excuse. I am back from a period of absence for a number of reasons.
1st official reason is that I celebrated my year anniversary. I received a lovely message from the forum that I belong to. Here is a copy of it.


"Congratulations, Howie!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!   HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!   HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!   HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!   HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!   HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!   HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!
How have you been?
Can you believe that it was just 12 months and one day ago that you were still a pre op at your old weight? Perhaps that seem like just yesterday or perhaps it seems like eons ago. In any case, I hope your experience has worked as well as you had wanted it to, and that you are enjoying the new you."

The 2nd reason and perhaps the more important reason is that I have been through so much this year, I think it is time to sum up and see where to from here. The last few weeks have seen a drop in motivation and a slight rise in weight. Let me out put it out there in Black and White. I will NOT return to being overweight, diabetic and lack of energy. I have since been to the doctor and he said that it is normal to slip back into the old habits once the stomach is a little bigger. 
I am still eating properly according to the dieticians requests. I have since joined a gym and I aim to go to the gym three to four times a week. 
All of what is written above is all very good and well if it were exactly true.
That is where you come in, you being the blog and the people that are my trusty listeners. You do not have to do much, just listen and be there. This is the difficult stage and I cannot and WILL NOT get back to old habits. The temptations are there. The chocolates, nuts and cakes are still there. When I couldn't eat these things it was easy to say no. Now I have to just say NO!!

Last night I spent the better part of an hour reading my blog and I was and am so positive about the whole process. I can already feel the good hormones kicking in saying Come on Howie, You can do it!

So it is with this in mind that I say, yes I can get back on track, time to get serious and get myself back in line. 
Thank you in advance for all the support. I am going to blog more regularly now, so look out for it...if you are interested.

Have a great week



No comments:

Post a Comment